Dairy Free Apple Crisp
For a quick and easy dessert you will want to try this dairy free apple crisp. It's a classic recipe with a slight twist.
- 2 medium sized apples chopped
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon of flour or blended oatmeal to make gluten free
- 2 cups blended oatmeal use gluten free oats to make gluten free
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil or plant butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg You want just enough to give the topping a slight taste of nutmeg
Preheat the oven to 350.
Chop the apples into small pieces. Add the cinnamon, brown sugar and flour to the chopped apples. Spread the apples across the bottom of a square, 8x8 inch pan.
Measure out 1 ½ cups of oatmeal and blend well in a blender or food processor. You can also use whole oats instead of blending them but the topping won’t be as crumby. Melt your ⅓ cup of coconut oil. Mix together the oats, coconut oil, brown sugar, salt and nutmeg. Sprinkle evenly across the apples.
Bake at 350 for 35 minutes. The juices around the apples should be bubbling.
Serve with dairy free ice cream or some coconut whip cream.