This mug brownie so rich tasting and is enough for two people. Plus it’s dairy free!
Sometimes at night my husband and I just need a quick snack. I can whip these up almost in a heartbeat. They would be so good with some dairy free ice cream. Sadly I never have that on hand so we’ve yet to try it.
Substitutions for your mug brownie
- Coconut oil – Substitute melted plant butter or olive oil
- Oatmilk – Substitute any type of milk
- White flour – Substitute for whole wheat or oat flour just reduce it by 1 TBSP
How to Make a mug Brownie
This dairy free microwave brownie can be mixed in one bowl! Just make sure it’s big enough to mix in. I always seems to start with one that’s too small and end up making a mess before putting into a larger bowl.
In a medium sized bowl mix together the dry ingredients. Then add in your liquid ingredients and mix together. Mix until just combined. You don’t want to over mix or it will lose the brownie taste and be more cake like.
Spoon the batter into two 4 oz ramekins.
Microwave for about 1 minute and 20 seconds. Depending on your microwave it may take more or less time.
Gooey Mug Brownie For Two
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- ⅓ cup flour make sure to spoon into cup and level
- 4 TBSP cocoa powder Level off the top
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 TBSP oat milk
- 3 ½ TBSP melted coconut oil
- 1-2 TBSP dairy free chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar, flour, cocoa powder and salt. Stir in the egg, oatmilk and coconut oil. You can mix the chocolate chips into the batter or sprinkle on top before microwaving. Make sure to mix it up as soon as you add the coconut oil or it will harden and become unmixable.
- Separate the batter into two 4 oz ramekins and microwave for about 1:20 seconds.
- Serve warm with some dairy free ice cream.
Don’t over mix the batter! Just mix until it’s combined. If you overmix it will become more cakey then brownie like.