Dairy Free Edible Cookie Dough
This is the best dairy free edible cookie dough recipe. It takes little time to make and will satisfy your cookie dough cravings!
This recipe almost has the same flavour that raw eggs and flour give to make that special cookie dough taste.
Does Edible Cookie Dough Taste the same as raw?
This recipe comes pretty close to the real thing but I’m not gonna lie to you, it does taste slightly different. I haven’t tried a recipe that tastes exactly like real cookie dough. I’ve come to the conclusion that it is the eggs that make that slight difference in taste. So I still eat raw cookie dough when I make cookies because I like to live life on the edge. Take me now salmonella!
It’s an easy edible cookie dough recipe made using similar ingredients as your favourite soft chocolate chip cookie, without the eggs, raw flour or dairy.
Is there a difference between edible cookie dough and regular?
Yes, a regular cookie dough contains raw eggs and raw flour.
While edible cookie dough recipes contain no eggs and use heat treated flour. Heat treating the flour kills the bacteria. They often also contain milk, whereas regular cookie dough usually does not.
Is edible cookie dough safe to eat?
Of course! It’s made using ingredients that can be eaten raw. Except for the flour which we will heat treat to make it safe for consumption.
How to Heat Treat the Flour
Heat treating the flour kills pathogens, bacteria and germs that may be in the raw flour. There are two ways to accomplish this.
I don’t always heat treat my flour when I make this recipe because, like I said before, I live life on the edge. Since it is important to make sure the flour is actually safe to eat.
Place the flour in a glass bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals until it feels hot. Stir the flour in between each interval. It should reach a temp of 160-165F.
Preheat the oven to 325 and spread the flour onto a parchment lined baking tray. Make sure to stir the flour about every 2 minutes. It should take about 10 minutes for it to reach a temperature of 160-165F.
Dairy Free Edible Cookie Dough
- 1 mixing bowl
- egg beater or stand mixer
- ½ cup plant butter Or butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar add 3/4 cup for extra sweet dough
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 TBSP coconut or oat milk or milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Heat treat the flour by placing it in a glass bowl and microwaving in 30 second intervals. Stir in between each interval. It should take about 1 minute to 1 minute and 30 seconds to reach a temp of 160-165F. Allow to fully cool before using. (see notes for oven method)
- In a medium sized bowl cream together the plant butter and the brown and white sugar. Blend in the milk, vanilla, and salt. Add the flour and mix until smooth. Add in the chocolate chips and mix by hand until combined.
- Dairy Free Ice Cream Recipe (With Coconut Milk, 2 ingredients)
- Iced Toasted Vanilla Oatmilk Shaken Espresso (Starbucks Recipe)
- Make Espresso Without a Machine (No Equipment Needed)
- Gooey Mug Brownie For Two
- Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Muffins
The contents of this blog are for your educational purposes only and are not intended to offer up any personal medical advice. You should seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or in relation to nutritional advice. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this blog.