Easy Cold Brew Latte Recipe (3 Ingredients)
A refreshing iced cold brew latte recipe made at home with cold brew, oat milk and maple syrup. It’s dairy free, vegan and delicious. Using only 3 ingredients, it saves you time and money because you won’t need to head to Starbucks.
Make it with whole milk or plant milk. You won’t believe how simple, quick, healthy, and delicious this iced latte is!
This post may contain affiliate links and as an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe For a Cold Brew Latte
Cold brew coffee is popular, easy to prepare and it’s also a great drink for all temperatures. It’s less acidic and has a smoother taste than hot brewed coffee. Which is why you need to find different ways to drink your brew. Like in an iced coffee drink. Like a cold brew latte.
Not only is it much more budget friendly then Starbucks, it’s faster because it takes just a minute to mix up.
Any drink I make at home is customizable. I love being in control of the sweetness level of my lattes. Often I find coffee shop drinks overly sweet so I love preparing them at home.
- Cold Brew: An essential component, can be purchased, or I use homemade cold brew. It’s easy to make by adding ¼ cup of ground coffee to 1 cup of water then refrigerating for 24 hours and straining.
- Ice: I’m sure you can figure this one out… I use normal size ice cubes.
- Milk: Oat milk, almond milk, whole milk, soy or rice milk, coconut milk or cashew. Really use any milk you like.
- Maple Syrup: I like to use maple syrup for a natural sweetener, substitute it for honey or vanilla syrup.
What Is a Cold Brew Latte?
A classic cold brew latte is made with ice, cold-brew, and milk. And a sweetener like maple syrup, but the sweetener is optional.
Homemade Cold Brew Latte Taste
How does a cold brew latte taste? It’s an iced coffee drink that has a light, smooth and refreshing flavour and feel. It maintains a very strong coffee flavour without tasting bitter. And it’s also much less acid than a classic iced latte or an iced coffee.
What is The Best Type of Milk to Use in a Cold Brew Latte?
When I think “latte”, I imagine something rich and creamy. I like to use oat milk or coconut to make a dairy free cold brew latte. If you don’t need it to be a vegan latte, then I recommend 2% or whole milk to get that fatty taste.
Are Iced Lattes Made with Cold Brew?
No. An iced latte consists of espresso over ice with cold milk. A cold brew latte would be made with cold brew in place of the espresso.
Espresso is made using heat, finely ground coffee and pressure. While cold brew is usually made with coarsely ground coffee and cold water + refrigeration.
How To Make An Iced Cold Brew Latte
It’s really very speedy and simple to mix up at home. For a classic cold brew latte, add ice cubes, cold brew, milk and some sweetener to a glass.
Step 1: Froth The Milk
- Add half a cup of oat milk into a mason jar. Close the lid and shake until frothy. Or you can add them to a French press and use the plunger by moving it up and down. This will create a creamy foamy milk.
Step 2: Mix the Drink
- Grab your favourite tall glass and add in about one cup of ice and 2 tablespoons of maple syrup.
- Next pour in the cold brew and then the frothed milk.
- Stir to combine.
Step 3: Enjoy
- The most important step is to sit down on your couch or in your car, and be refreshed by the latte you just created.
What is cold brew latte vs normal latte?
A normal latte is hot and made with espresso and steamed milk. A cold brew latte is an iced coffee latte made with ice, cold brew and milk. For both types the sweetner is optional, but would usually include a flavoured syrup.
The brewing methods for a cold brew latte vs a normal latte are different. Cold brew is steeped in cold water, while lattes are made with espresso and steamed milk.
Cold brew lattes may contain more caffeine while still maintaining a lighter taste. A latte has a stronger flavour and lesa caffeine content.
Are Iced Lattes Made With Cold Brew?
No, because an iced latte is made with ice, espresso and milk.
Can I use Cold Brew Instead of Espresso in a Latte?
can use cold brew to make an iced latte but it won’t be a traditional iced latte. I would recommend using about ½-¾ cup.
How Do I Make Cold Brew Coffee?
It’s really quite simple and requires just freshly ground coffee and water. Plus time to steep in the fridge.
I like to add a ¾ cup of ground coffee to a mason jar and add in 3 cups of water. Then I leave it in the fridge overnight for 24 hours. And then strain it to use in drinks.
For more instructions this cold brew recipe provides more detail.
Is Cold Brew Stronger Than Coffee?
Most cold brew coffee is made with more coffee beans then hot coffee. However, it’s still lower in caffeine because when coffee is brewed with hot water more caffeine is extracted. According to Healthline, when cold brew vs iced coffee, cold brew is slightly higher in caffeine.
How Much Caffeine is in Cold Brew?
According to Healthline, an average cup of cold brew coffee contains “around 200 mg of caffeine per 16 ounces (473 mL).”
However it does vary depending on a few factors:
- The steep time
- Amount of coffee used
- Caffeine content of your coffee bean
All of these affect the caffeine content of your cold brew. So, it’s hard to say exactly how much is in an individual cold brew latte recipe.
Tips & Substitutions
- Ice Cubes: If you like your cold coffee drinks to be strong, freeze some of your leftover coffee and in an ice cube tray. Then replace the ice in this recipe with coffee cubes.
- Oat Milk: Use whatever milk suits your taste/dietary needs. Use oat, regular milk, almond milk, soy or coconut milk,
- Cold Brew: If you like a milder coffee strength use less coffee to milk ratio or add a bit of cold water to dilute it. You can make your own or purchase it.
- Maple Syrup: A sweetener is not a necessary component of a latte. So leave it out or use any type of syrup. Substitute with vanilla syrup, honey or agave syrup. If you use white or brown sugar, mix it into a tablespoon of hot water to help it dissolve it before using in your drink. Sugar had a hard time dissolving completely in iced drinks.
Iced Drinks to Try
Easy Cold Brew Latte Recipe (3 Ingredients)
- 1 cup ice
- ½ cup cold brew
- ½ cup frothed unsweetened oat milk or use any kind
- 2-4 TBSP maple syrup optional
- Pour the milk and maple syrup into a mason jar and shake until frothy.
- Add ice to a large glass. Pour in the cold brew.
- Add in the milk and the syrup. Then stir to combine.