Chocolate pretzels with m&m’s have became a Christmas staple for me. And I needed an easy dairy free/vegan option. So I crafted a recipe that tasted like the usual Hershey kisses on a pretzel and topped with an m&m.
I make these chocolate pretzel m&m’s dairy free evey year now! They take only 10 minutes to make from start to finish. And the ingredients can be found on Amazon and with a bit more label reading, some of them from your local grocery store.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission from products you purchase through those links! Learn more here.
How do I make Chocolate pretzel m&m’s dairy free?
Instead of using the traditional Hershey kisses and m&m’s, I use a dairy free milk chocolate bar and candy covered chocolate from No Whey Foods. For the chocolate you can use dairy free kind. I find the milkless milk chocolate a good option since it makes it taste more like the original. If there are other dairy free candy covered chocolates out there I’m sure they would work in this recipe as well.
Where can I find the ingredients?
I use only 4 ingredients. All of which you can purchase from Amazon and some from your local grocery store. The links to all the ingredients I share below are all dairy free! I actually bought a bag of the Snyder Pretzel Minis at the Dollar Tree. Which is dairy free! If you use a different brands make sure to check the labels for any dairy ingredients.
Ingredients you need:
1 bag of pretzel mini’s, I used Snyder’s
1 candy candy, crushed
How to Make chocolate Pretzel’s with m&m’s
Place the pretzels on a parchment lined tray in a single layer.
Place one piece of chocolate on each pretzel. And then bake at 275 F for about 6 minutes until they have a nice shiny melted looking texture.
Immediately after removing the pretzels from the oven, place one choco Nono on each pretzel and press down.
Sprinkle with crushed candy cane and let cool until the chocolate has set.
Chocolate Pretzel m&m’s (Dairy Free)
- Baking sheets
- parchment paper
- 1 bag of pretzel mini’s I used Snyder’s Pretzel Mini’s
- 2-3 chocolate bars I used No Whey Milkless Bars
- No Whey Choco Nono’s (or m&m's if you don't need dairy free) 1 bag
- 1 candy cane crushed
- Preheat the oven to 275 F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Spread pretzels onto cookie sheet. Place one piece of chocolate bar onto each pretzel. Bake for 5-6 minutes until the chocolate is slightly melted but not liquid.*
- Press a candy covered chocolate onto each pretzel. Sprinkle with crushed candy cane.
- Let them cool and serve as sweet and salty Christmas treat!
3. *You want the chocolate soft all the way through so that you can press the candy covered chocolate into it.
2. *Make sure you monitor the chocolate while it bakes. Chocolate can be easily burned. So the first time you make this recipe check the chocolate at the 2 and 4 minute mark to make sure it’s not melting too quickly. If you over bake it it will dry out and lose its shiny finish.
3. This can be easily done in the microwave in smaller quantities on a large glass plate. Just microwave in 15 second intervals until the chocolate is soft.
5. Any type of chocolate bar should work just read the label to make sure it’s dairy free.
3. A fun option to switch things up is drizzling with or dipping them in a dairy free caramel sauce, instead of adding candy cane.
4. Your imagination is the limit with these guys! It’s so simple to switch things up and give them a crazy new flavour.
Most Recent Posts
- Flaky Pie Crust, Dairy Free
- Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte – Like Starbucks
- Recipe For Pumpkin Spice Syrup
- How to Make an Iced Latte: No Espresso Machine Required