Dairy Free Cookie Dough Truffles
Try these easy to make, delicious truffles for any occasion.
Cookie Dough Balls
- ½ cup Plant butter softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar lightly packed
- 2 tbsp. coconut milk
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 ¼ cup white flour
- ⅔ cup dairy free chocolate chips mini are best, use any flavour of chocolate chip
- 1 ½ cup dairy free chocolate chips I used semi sweet
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil
- In bowl of a stand mixer, mix the butter until smooth. Add the brown sugar and mix until combined. Add the coconut milk, vanilla, and salt and continue to mix. Add the flour and mix until smooth
- Remove bowl from stand mixer, and add in the butterscotch and chocolate chips and mix by hand until combined.
- Form small balls using the palms of your hands. The ball should be almost an inch across. Place the balls on a cookie sheet that is covered with wax or parchment paper. Let them set in the freezer for at least 30 minutes before dipping in chocolate.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in the microwave for about 1 minute and 30 seconds. Melt them in 30 second intervals and remove to stir. Stir the chocolate chips and oil every 30 seconds until smooth.
Making the Truffles
- Remove balls from freezer so they are ready to dip in chocolate
- Using 2 forks dip the cookie dough balls into the chocolate and then place on your wax lined cookie sheet. Let them cool so the chocolate sets and then store in the refrigerator.
I like to remove the chocolates 15-20 minutes before serving so they have time to soften up a bit.